Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gratitude Challenge, Day 7

Today I am supposed to post a photo of something that makes me feel grateful.

Right now I am home taking care of a sick 7 year old and a baby who was vaccinated yesterday. Last night was not a fun night for any of us. In fact, it was a bit like one of those scenes where the girl in the horror film tries to flee the house, but there is danger at every exit. She screams. The audience screams. Last night, the audience was screaming.

This photo is not just a reminder of how grateful I am for such an amazing partner, read "cell mate in the fiery pits of parenting," and two beautiful children, but also a reminder that terrible colds and fussy babies will pass. I already know that someday I'll see this photo and miss the the look of the baby's chubby fingers wrapped around a stick and the sun-bleached hair of a second-grade boy outside under the tall trees in our backyard.

Post script for Dave: No one says we can't miss those things from first class seats on British Airways. Just you and me. Flying far far away. Missing the kids. How many years away is that now?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment