Monday, October 5, 2009

Gratitude Challenge, Day 2

My A to Z Gratitude List:

A: Always having enough to eat.

B: Barista. Love how he makes that freshly roasted coffee every morning.

C: Christian

D: Dave. We are so very fortunate to have found each other, and I am amazed every day at how much I love you.

E: Evette. Because you are the first friend I made when I came to Boulder, and you listened to me when I hated it, when I liked it and during everything in between.

F: Friends and Family.

G: Grass beneath my feet and outside my window. Green grass is such a luxury!

H: Home. I love home. What a blessing to have a home at all, especially such a nice one.

I: I'm grateful for that feeling of snuggling up in bed for the night after I've had a really hot shower.

J: Julie, because we just know how to do things together that would absolutely need explaining to other people.

K: Kids.

L: Lemonade. Literally and figuratively.

M: Making the baby smile.

N: The sweet little noises the baby makes when she's “talking.”

O: Olivia

P: Pie and Pie Day. I always seem to be at Pie Day with people I care about. Plus, pie is one of the things I can make well.

Q: A quiet house.

R: Reading. It is my absolute favorite thing to do.

S: Scout. The very best dog, ever. I can't believe we have a dog.

T: Traffic. I am so grateful to live somewhere where there isn't any traffic.

U: Underwear -clean ones. I am so grateful for my washer and dryer and folding clean underwear.

V: Vases of fresh flowers.

W: Water. In showers and baths. Drinking a cold glass of ice water. The ocean. Lakes. Streams. Watching my son swim in it.

X: X-ing the street with my son when we walk to school or home from school. Are you groaning at the stretch, there?

Y: Yellow leaves. So lucky to live in the Rocky Mountains in the Fall.

Z: Zombies. How wonderful it is to have a new book to read: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, by, Seth Grahame-Smith.

1 comment:

  1. Last comment for the day - I promise! But I am so delighted to read your "P" is for pie. I started at the beginning of your blog and read my way up and now I REALLY want some pie. :-D

    Thanks for the pick-me-up. Especially today when CeCe and I have a cold and I've fallen off (or is it on) the gratitude wagon myself. Looking forward to reading more soon.

    ReplyDelete