Saturday, October 3, 2009

Confessions of a Real Mom

I use disposable diapers.

I let my kids watch TV.

I love my kids desperately, but I love my husband more.

Sometimes I'm bored.

Sometimes I love being a stay-at-home mom.

I really hate to cook, except sometimes when I don't have to.

I hate nearly every variety of music specifically made for kids, and I rarely subject my children to it.

While I can remember the bliss of playing make believe games when I was a child (loved being Laura when we played Little House on the Prairie), I find it harder than I thought I would to play them with my son.

I love to build forts, play games, read to my kids and be silly.

Sometimes I let my son eat ice-cream for dinner or have a pajama day that lasts all day.

Once we went to the coffee shop together, and we both wore our jammies.

Sometimes I don't buy Organic food.

Sometimes I want to get my own apartment that I can go hang out in when I need a break from being a mom.

I think moms need to feel less guilt and more joy!

Most of the time, I really LOVE being a mom, and I think I'm pretty good at it.

2 comments:

  1. Love this list and I feel like your twin.

    Sometimes we eat pie for breakfast which many people find strange. Why? Who cares what time of day you eat it?! Mmm... now I wish I had some pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very nice and good post. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete